Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette- Swatches, Photos

The time has come to show you something I knowww you’ll all be excited about! Urban Decay is releasing a NEW Naked Palette, appropriately named Naked2. I was lucky enough to have this to play with for the last month, and so I want to show you photos and swatches, along with some comparison shots with the first Naked Palette :)

Naked2wm

Naked2wm 2
Naked2wm 3
Naked2wm 4
Naked2wm 5

Naked2wm 6
Naked2wm 7
Naked2wm 8
Naked2wm 9
Naked2wm 10
Naked2wm 11
Naked2wm 12
Naked2wm 13
Naked2wm 14
Naked2wm 15Original (left), Naked2 (Right)

Naked2wm 16Original (Top), Naked2(Bottom)

Naked2wm 17Original (Top), Naked2(Bottom)

Naked2wm 18Original (Top), Naked2(Bottom)

Naked2wm 19

Original (Top), Naked2(Bottom)
I found it kind of ironic that my main thought when looking at the Naked2 palette was “why are there SOO many shimmery colors?! where are my mattes?” when there is actually one more matte in this palette than in the original Naked palette. I like that there is a matte black and a matte highlighter shade, but overall there is just so much shimmer, which is actually pretty common in Urban Decay shades, so I can’t really complain about that. If that’s something you look for in shadows, then this palette is right up your alley.
In comparison with the original Naked Palette, I found that some of these were similar (Bootycall from Naked2 and Virgin from Naked are very similar; Tease from Naked2 and Naked from Naked are quite close as well, with Tease being just a bit more on the plum side; Half Baked is in both palettes), but I guess when it comes to a palette full of colors meant to look natural, you really don’t have too much room to expand on shade colors.
This palette is also pretty warm toned, which might be an issue with cooler skin tones.
Overall, I don’t think this is different enough from the original Naked palette to warrant getting both. I love the new packaging and the larger mirror, and the colors have great color payoff, the quality is definitely there.. I just feel that a lot of these shades are only a bit different from the ones in the original Naked palette. If you never got the original, then I’d say this would be worth checking out, and would also be a perfect gift for a beauty junkie, or someone who is new to makeup or needs some new basics.
The Naked2 Palette will sell for $50 on Urbandecay.com.

1. Soo

December 1, 2011 at 5:11 am

I thought there’d be way more mattes :/

2. Roxanne

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 am

OMG I am in love !!

3. Emily

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 am

Thank you so much for the review! I was hoping someone would have swatches up soon. C: I have the original Naked palette, but it will be interesting to see if I can justify buying this one for myself. The shades are just so similar! I’d feel better about buying one of Sugarpill’s palettes, or one of Make Up Forever’s holiday kits. I would feel like the money was justified, especially for some stellar colors. These palettes are just too close to each other. :/

4. Stephanie

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 am

I need to have this. Enough said.

5. Becca

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 am

OH MY GOD that looks so bitchingly awesome. i must have it.

6. Steffi

December 1, 2011 at 5:15 am

Do you know when it will be for sale in the uk or the us? :)

7. caseydia

December 1, 2011 at 5:15 am

When is it being released? Will we be able to grab it before xmas??!

8. Stephanie

December 1, 2011 at 5:15 am

How much is this retailing for?

• Stacie

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm

It’s retailing for 50 dollars. You also get a mini lip gloss too, instead of a PP.

9. Jadyn

December 1, 2011 at 5:16 am

AHHHHH I love the first Naked Palette and I love this one! Yay! Do you know if it’ll be permanent?

10. Jenn

December 1, 2011 at 5:18 am

I’m so glad you reviewed this, thank you! I wanted it so bad, then after seeing how close the other colors are, I’m torn. I wanted there to be more matte shades. But I’ve used the original palette SO much, I was thinking I was going to get a backup, so perhaps I should get this one still? My bridal clients love when I use the Naked Palette, so I guess it would still be a good investment.

11. Phyrra

December 1, 2011 at 5:21 am

Thank you very much for reviewing this and for swatching it side by side. I was curious about how close they would be :)

• Sweetbsting

December 1, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Me too Phyrra, I think the swatches kind of quell the need that was beginning in my belly lol!

12. Ashley

December 1, 2011 at 5:24 am

Hey leesha!

Thanks for reviewing!! It seems similar to the first one.. but It’s still something I kind of want… It’s between this and theBalms nude palette. I was wondering, how was the brush and lip color that it came with? And how does it hold up against theBalms neutral palette???

Thanks Leesha :)

13. Brooke

December 1, 2011 at 5:26 am

I feel like they put the colors in a different order and thought I wouldn’t notice haha but yeah, worth owning one or the other!

14. Michelle

December 1, 2011 at 5:29 am

how different is ydk to toasted?

15. ENJ_MUA

December 1, 2011 at 5:30 am

Now I’m mad that I bought the old one. I jumped on the craz let…so if I would have waited a little while longer I could have just bought this one… Oh well time to ask the Fiance’ to dish out some more money…hehehe

• Lizziey

December 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I use my Naked Palette every day, so I can’t feel bad about it (and its impossibility to find at the time, or the price!) at all. But then, a good friend of mine bought it for me, I didn’t pay for it. So the Fiance can’t complain about having to buy this one! Yay! He’s used to dishing out for my addiction though hehe.

16. Andi

December 1, 2011 at 5:42 am

I asked for the Naked Palette for Christmas, I didn’t know there was a new one coming out. I do like the double-ended brush, but other than that I think I slightly prefer the original. It took me this long to get the original, I don’t think I’ll be too heartbroken to have to wait for the #2!

17. Cody

December 1, 2011 at 5:43 am

thank you for reviewing this! It looks amazing, but definitely not too different from the Naked palette for me to get it. Thanks again!

18. Whitney Donna

December 1, 2011 at 5:49 am

Great review Leesha.

Do you have any idea on the price range for the Naked 2? Is it around the same, $45-55 range?

19. Sabrina

December 1, 2011 at 5:50 am

I want this palette! I hope they did not discontinue the first palette.. i want both! i promise i wont buy any neutral palette anymore.. hehe…

20. Nicole's Mirror

December 1, 2011 at 5:51 am

I am disappointed with the colours too :( Was hoping for more mattes.. Which is not black or highlight colours :(

21. Aimee

December 1, 2011 at 5:57 am

OMG. I’m so excited! I have the original and the new one looks good too! I probably don’t need it but I probably won’t be able to resist. :3

22. Belle

December 1, 2011 at 6:05 am

I bought the first Naked palette just over a month ago and I’m sad to say that I wish I had waited. While lots of colors in Naked 2 are similar to Naked, I feel like I like a lot of the colors in Naked 2 better. They’re very shimmery, I agree, but that’s usual with Urban Decay. I think the new colors have a bit more depth and are more useful to me than the previous ones, like the matte black and matte highlighter shade. I’m definitely going to have to try to justify buying this for myself, but if I end up lacking too much in funds, the Naked 2 palette will probably be something that I’ll ignore in favor of something I can consider more worth the purchase.

23. Gabi

December 1, 2011 at 6:08 am

Another naked palette? The entire makeup junkie community just went crazy, myself included

24. Amber J

December 1, 2011 at 6:13 am

I’ve been putting off getting the Naked palette. But I think that was a good decision! I like Naked2 a little better. :] Thanks for the review and the swatch action going on for a great comparison! I’m sure that took A LOT of time!! <3

• Amber J

December 1, 2011 at 6:16 am

Oh and I was gonna say Half Baked (and YDK) is also in the Book of Shadows II. Must be fairly popular.

25. Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex

December 1, 2011 at 6:14 am

Thanks for the great review. I was planning on getting a backup of the first Naked palette, and then I found out there was going to be Naked 2. I also had been hoping there would be more matte colors in this palette, but I’ll still be buying it as soon as I can. The shadows are great quality, and the brush looks fabulous.

26. Ling

December 1, 2011 at 6:18 am

It’s beautiful! I want it!! I didnt get the 1st one but I want to get my paws on this one, that’s for sure!

27. xmissxandristx

December 1, 2011 at 6:18 am

Leesha, you’re amazing! Thank you for posting this so fast!

I’m sooooo psyched for this palette!

28. Sydnee

December 1, 2011 at 6:32 am

OMG. I have been lusting after the Naked Palette for a long time but as a student I cannot justify spending the money on it but haven’t resently been thinking about getting it anyways. I have yet to find a good looking neutral palette but now that there are two of them I’m at a loss for which I want. Dammit haha.

29. annie

December 1, 2011 at 6:40 am

is this permanent? i don’t know if i want this palette since there aren’t many mattes. i would consider buying it in the future though.

30. Kelly

December 1, 2011 at 7:06 am

To me they look to much alike to have both. The colour-range is very similar the only thing I really like is that Naked2 has a matte black. I don’t like too much shimmer in my crease. It’s still pretty, but money doesn’t grow on my back.

31. KivaRenee

December 1, 2011 at 7:28 am

half baked is my fave UD color so far so I see why it is in both pallets. I don’t have either one (Naked or NAked2) and I think I would be happy with either one. I have pale skin but my face is more rosy for some reason so maybe the darker colors on Naked2 wont effect me as much
    Thanks for the review girl!

32. Angie

December 1, 2011 at 8:26 am

I was looking forward to this, seeing as the book of shadows was a complete let down for me ( I had to return mine) And sadly I don’t think I’m going to be getting this. Their to similar to the original, of which I already own, and they also look ( like stated in the review) like they are aiming towards warn skin tones. I am very cool, and pale I don’t see these colors working for me in a flattering every day kinda of way. I’ll save my money, and just get that Too faced palette I was eyeing.

33. Robin

December 1, 2011 at 8:50 am

wow looks amazing! I never tried the original so I might have to pick one up!
    is there a lot of fallout from the shimmery shades?

34. Bliur

December 1, 2011 at 10:00 am

I’d like to know when it’s going to come out! :)
    I’m getting it ;)

35. Livia

December 1, 2011 at 10:17 am

Thank you so much for posting comparison swatches xx

36. Cassy

December 1, 2011 at 11:30 am

I wasn’t planning to get the Naked2 palette (even before swatches, I rarely even reach for the first one) I do wish I could trade the packaging with the one on my original, though. Glad they realized that nasty-feeling velvet stuff was a terrible idea. It’s actually a big reason I don’t use mine, but that doesn’t justify buying a whole new palette.

37. Christy

December 1, 2011 at 11:33 am

Thank You for the review Leesha :-)!

Wow, what a disappointment :-(. I have the original palette. I got it when it was first released and I love my original very much. It’s my go to palette for easy day and night time looks. Naked 2 is so similar to the first. What a bummer! I thought this one would have more colorful colors that can go with any skin tone or more matte colors but, that isn’t so. I would like to get the 2nd to go with my 1st for a collection but, I don’t know. It depends how much they will sell it for. If it’s $48.00 and on up, forget it, I’ll pass.

38. Meiying

December 1, 2011 at 11:43 am

I love the packaging. The old palette was great, but the packaging seemed cheap and outdated. Mine has some of the words scratching off even though I think I take pretty good care of it. The new case is gorgeous and I love how the mirror is larger too. The two sided brush is a nice edition. I personally love the brush they included in the first one and I’m glad I got that one inside of the pencil liners that the previous edition came out with.

As for the shadows, they look remarkably similar to the first palette’s. Unless you’re a makeup expert, there is no discernible difference. Except that the black is matte I guess. But I think I would still love to get the new one. UD quality is still exceptional and I want to add it to my collection.

39. Marta

December 1, 2011 at 1:15 pm

OMG! I LOVE the UD palettes I bought the 15th Anniversary one and I’ve been using it almost everyday, I didn’t got the Naked yet so I’ll totally by the Naked 2 instead!
    Thanks for this review Leesha xx

40. NeutraKris

December 1, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I was expecting something else altogether. The shades look so similar to the original Naked. I do like the dual-ended brush, and the packaging, but I don’t know if I’ll be purchasing this palette.

41. Nicole

December 1, 2011 at 2:31 pm

i think i’m actually liking the fist one the most..
    i don’t have one yet, but i really want to get the first one!
    i do hope they don’t discontinue it..

• Nicole

December 1, 2011 at 2:48 pm

i don’t like that the second one comes with a lipgloss.. i hate lipgloss! :P

42. Erin S.

December 1, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I personally think it’s just different enough for me to purchase. If I had come across both of these in the store, without ever purchasing Naked first, I would have gone with Naked2 to suite my cool tones. Naked works, but some shades do make my eyes look, well a little irritated because they are so warm.

However, Naked is great for me this summer when my skin was a little tan from the sun. Now that my skin is fading and turning more white and pink, the cooler tones from Naked2 will work better.

So Naked will be my summer palette and Naked2 my winter!

• Atanza

December 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Agreed 100%! I have cool skin, and these colors look perfect for me. But, like you, I do tan in the summer so the warmer tones from the first palette look a lot better on me. Thanks a lot for even further rationalizing this purchase when it will be my SIXTH Urban Decay palette.. :P

43. ellie

December 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm

If this palette had Naked insted of Half Baked they might have a winner. What I want is more mattes but not just any matte, a blending color.

44. rachel

December 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm

it’s called naked. why would ANYONE ON EARTH think that it would have colors??? and if you love and wear neutrals a lot, it’s so blatantly very different from the first one.. maybe a monochromatic palette in magenta would make people happy?

45. Pamela

December 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm

THANK YOU so much for this AWESOME review and comparison with the first palette!!!!!

46. Lola

December 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I am dying to buy this, though I have the first one…I’m just a collector….and I can’t peel myself away from the computer. I’m just here refreshing the Urban Decay website thinking “any minute now”….lol. I really can’t wait for this!!!

47. Yume

December 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Ooh, the new Naked palette looks really pretty. These look like they would suit my skintone very well. I’m not sure it’s something I’m willing to dish out $50 for (I don’t even have the original), but maybe I’ll find it on sale or something. We’ll see!

48. binxx

December 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Hi love the update but I think someone has been using ur pictures – http://candygirlandhershoes.blogspot.com/2011/12/finalmente-os-swatches-da-naked-2.html it may just be me but they look identical ????

49. jessica

December 1, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Does anyone know when this palette will be available?

• Yume

December 1, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I thought they said it was supposed to be on the website last night at midnight, but I haven’t seen it.. unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

50. Aliza

December 1, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Although I have the first palette, I like these colors better bc they seem less harsh than the other palette. These are most skin tone whereas the first one is like night time hues. I agree they should’ve stuck with the primer potion, it’s far more useful. I like how the mirror is bigger and the case is metal so you don’t have to worry so much about stepping on it somehow or if it’s sat or crushed the shadows have a better chance of not breaking + easy to clean. I think the brush is a great idea, I went out and brought a contour brush bc with colors, blending is probably most of what you’ll be doing.

*If urban decay made an ALL MATTE naked palette, it’d probably sell just as crazy as the first. I’m not such a fan of shimmer as I am matte.