Themes and Themes and Themes

Awhile ago, I used to do two weekly videos on youtube called Wearable Wednesday and Fierce Friday. They were basically a way to please everyone- the people wanting toned-down, work appropriate looks had something, and the people who liked bright, in-your-face fun had something. It was also great for me, because each had a specific theme that the looks would be based on (one time Wearable Wednesday was based on Greek Gods/Goddesses, another time Fierce Friday was based off of Candy). This was a great way for me to get my creativity going, and I miss it!

The series both sort of faded out for one reason or another, but I am constantly getting requests to bring them back, and since I clearly suck at posting on YouTube if I don’t have a set schedule clearly defined for me, They’re coming back! I already have this week’s looks planed out, but I do need your help for the next few!

I need some ideas for themes for Wearable Wednesday and Fierce Friday! This can be essentially anything- animals, countries, flags, monochromatic, whatever. I just want to know what you guys think would be a fun idea for either category. The easiest way for you to suggest a theme would be to comment below. if you see a theme idea you like, reply to that person’s comment and let them know! That way, I’ll be able to tell what ideas are popular.

At the end of the week, I’ll hold a poll with the most popular ideas, and you guys can vote to determine a winner. I did this in then past and it worked out really well, so I’m hoping it will again! Not only will this choose a winner, but it can potentially map out future WW and FF themes that will happen when this first one is over.

So, speak out! Let me know what you’re thinking, and here’s a preview of this week’s FF. I need a name for it, twitter thought it looked like Watermelon :)

FFoct31

1. Christine says:

Memories!

E.g: I remember for one summer trip my mom took me and my brother to Wicklow (Ireland) and we used to go to a cafe for tea and scones in the afternoon. The seating was outdoors in a beautiful garden and the furniture was white plastic garden furniture. It was so sunny on that trip the white from the table was almost blinding but it made the red roses seem even more red and bright.
    ———> Look: Bright white and bright red (possibly on the lips), or for FF incorporating a rose/flower design.

It would be a cute way to share stories with your followers (that you want to be shared of course!) and probably a nice way to remind yourself of childhood, teenage years etc etc, and the inspiration for each week would be totally different (possibly a plus for you as an artist)

2. Brooke says:

wizard of oz!!!!! there could be looks for places like the yellow brick road and emerald city..or the characters, maybe a green-and-black FF look for the wicked witch or a smokey silvery WW based off the tin man, etc..and something for the ruby slippers!

3. Dar says:

Hi Leesa! Stoked for FF to come back. I’ll throw some ideas at ya.

“Runway” – I know you’re up on the trends, so it would be cool for you to do a series of runway inspired looks. Crazy avant-garde! Perhaps you could do some 80′s runway throwbacks. “Psychedelic Burlesque” – flashy colors and frizzy lashes. Totally what I would expect from Xsparkage – just lets you play more with your vibrant makeup addiction. :) My last suggestion is “Famous Paintings”. Not the drab ol’ Mona Lisa – more like inspired by Van Gogh’s moody Starry Night, super mod Piet Mondrian or the golden boldness of Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss.

Hope this helps Leesa. Keep on doin’ whatcha doin’. I’m proud of all you have accomplished and love your vids!

4. Megan says:

You should name the look “Hummingbird Heartbeat” , after Katy Perry’s song. It remind me of those bright Hummingbird colors and also of Katy Perry’s colorful style.

5. Lizzie says:

How about different flowers, or more celebrity looks, or a Facebook Tutorial, one for Twitter, Tumblr etc based on the wesite color schemes!

6. Derick says:

World Wonders
    Continents
    Endangered Species
    Patterns (plaid, stripes, hounds-tooth, etc.)
    Planets/Solar system, Pick up where Petrilude stopped!
    Fairytale creatures (unicorn, leprechaun, dragon, centaur, fairy, etc…)
    You could take some of your old looks and use the exact opposite colors and see how different it looks
    Elements
    Popular villains
    Pixar inspired

I hope some of my ideas were helpful!

7. Courtney says:

I like Pixar inspired and maybe somthing wearable inspired by the Different time period barbies. like the 1980 somthing Peaches and cream can be peachy.

8. Esha says:

Fierce Friday Theme:
    The Muppets
    NHL Hockey Team Colours. Different looks dedicated to different teams using their colours.
    Country Flags
    Christmas Wrapping Paper
    Cupcakes

Wearable Wednesday Theme:
    Victoria Secret
    Ivy League Schools – using their school colours
    Hollywood Icons from the 1920′s – Audry Hepburn, Dorothy Dandridge, Marylin Monroe, Grace Kelly, etc.
    Princesses from Around the World – England’s, Spain’s, Denmark’s, etc.

9. Lindsey says:

For FF, I vote for doing make up looks inspired by famous paintings.
    For WW, I vote for doing make up looks inspired by fairytale characters.

10. Tara says:

I thought I posted this already, but maybe it didn’t post lol!

Leesha, would you be willing to do one of the FF with that look you did in Paris, the one for the photoshoot? I have been trying to recreate it, but for the life of me can’t accomplish it :( If you would consider this look for FF that’d be so cool!! Thanks!! XOXOX

11. Raven says:

I am getting married in October next year and all the wedding looks are SUPER BORING! Would love to see a kind of vintage look that would kick up the wedding look a notch or two

12. Rachel says:

After watching the vid of you talking about the Inglot palette and you mentioning Pokemon (the fact I’d also pulled out my old Game Boy Colour and started it again probably didnt help either.) I’d love to see a Pokemon inspired look. It could be a WW or FF I guess but I think FF would fit it much better.

At least theres a lot to pick from but I personally only know the ones from Red/blue gold/silver

13. Hadar says:

I think a really cool theme could be like different decades and the fashion or styles that were popular then.. like the 50′s, 60′s, 70′s etc…

14. dementia says:

I just stumbled into your blog and so far I’m loving it! I wish you have feedburner newsletter though…or some other newsletter form. Anyway, my theme suggestion is….Cyndi Lauper. I love her back in the 80′s and I think you can really pull off her look :)

15. Avery says:

You should do a look from any kind of characters from Batman…any of these villians such as: the Joker (this one would be fun!), the Riddler, Mr. Freeze or Ivy!!

16. Ági says:

Sex and the City caracters make up tutorials!
    Something glam rock you know the 80s rock n roll looks!
    or.. rockabilly looks:)

17. Sarah says:

I’m getting ready to do looks based off of my favorite band’s albums on my blog. It’d be cool to see what your favorite bands are and what looks you could create from their albums. Also, I think watermelon sums up this look the best and I LOVE it! LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!

18. Liz says:

read through the comments and definitely agree with most of these but my favorites would be vintage glam hollywood stars for WW (audrey hepburn, veronica lake, judy garland, rosemary clooney, etc.) and famous paintings for FF (my inner art history nerd is tingling at the prospect)

19. Tabitha says:

I think it would be cool to do teen movie inspired looks :D (Cruel Intentions, the Virgin Suicides, the Craft, Jawbreakers, Clueless, Spice World, Heathers, 10 Things I hate about you, Mean Girls, the Breakfast Club, etc. )

20. Lock says:

I am in love with this idea!
    I am in love with (this is the geek in me) The Lord of the rings movies right now. So maybe if you could do something like that……
    Just something to think about! Anyone else?

21. christie says:

Have you seen Monster High dolls? They are the kids of famous monsters. My daughter was one for Halloween and I had a blast doing her makeup. Could be fun inspiration!

22. Grace says:

BIRD SPECIES!!!
    If you visited a bird shop or park before you would have known that birds are adorned by amaaaazing color combos!!!

And theres also neutral (brownish birds) for WW!!

23. Rachael says:

Do some type of TV show theme. There are so many great shows out there right now. You can pick specific characters (like you did with Glee), and recreate their looks. Vampire Diaries, The Circle, True Blood, etc… I know when I watch some of these shows I think, I wonder how I can recreate that look. Or, what eyeshadow is she wearing. I am always looking online for these type of tutorials and I do find some. But the guru’s are not nearly as good as you when it comes to makeup.

24. Josh says: