Themes and Themes and Themes

Awhile ago, I used to do two weekly videos on youtube called Wearable Wednesday and Fierce Friday. They were basically a way to please everyone- the people wanting toned-down, work appropriate looks had something, and the people who liked bright, in-your-face fun had something. It was also great for me, because each had a specific theme that the looks would be based on (one time Wearable Wednesday was based on Greek Gods/Goddesses, another time Fierce Friday was based off of Candy). This was a great way for me to get my creativity going, and I miss it!

The series both sort of faded out for one reason or another, but I am constantly getting requests to bring them back, and since I clearly suck at posting on YouTube if I don’t have a set schedule clearly defined for me, They’re coming back! I already have this week’s looks planed out, but I do need your help for the next few!

I need some ideas for themes for Wearable Wednesday and Fierce Friday! This can be essentially anything- animals, countries, flags, monochromatic, whatever. I just want to know what you guys think would be a fun idea for either category. The easiest way for you to suggest a theme would be to comment below. if you see a theme idea you like, reply to that person’s comment and let them know! That way, I’ll be able to tell what ideas are popular.

At the end of the week, I’ll hold a poll with the most popular ideas, and you guys can vote to determine a winner. I did this in then past and it worked out really well, so I’m hoping it will again! Not only will this choose a winner, but it can potentially map out future WW and FF themes that will happen when this first one is over.

So, speak out! Let me know what you’re thinking, and here’s a preview of this week’s FF. I need a name for it, twitter thought it looked like Watermelon :)

FFoct31

1. kate says:

Mabye fruit themes, drinks themes (coke, sprite fanta ect ), plants ( like flowers ?), cocktails, vintage looks, stuff like that :-)

2. Kelsey says:

You should totally do cocktails! There is sooooo much to choose from and it would be great for FF since everyone always needs a drink by Friday night!

3. Carina says:

For FF all colors of the rainbow smokey eye ie blue smokey, next week would be another color of the rainbow or maybe cut crease looks for FF and for WW Pops of color that is well duh wearable.

4. Shireen says:

WW:

1)different eye shapes
    2)internationally inspired makeup – ex. chinese, arabic, european

FF:

1)icons of the internet – like facebook, twitter, google, wikipedia, and of course youtube
    2)popular cartoons, both for kids and adults, both old and new. ex. tom and jerry, the simpsons, the justice league, foster’s home for imaginary friends.

• :) says:

omg yes please muppets!!!!! something that i could wear to see the new muppets movie coming out! but i dont have the pallete :(((((((((

• Brooke says:

oh yeah muppets would be really cool..and i think the winter drink idea is awesome!! there could be a drink-themed week..like a hot chocolate look for WW and then a bright, bold cocktail for FF! that’d be so fun!! =)

5. emily says:

Ooh, cocktails is a cute idea! I just saw a post about that…like Sex on the Beach, Amaretto Sour, Grasshopper, etc…Rum & Coke…lol anything really! Could even be beers like Corona…something with gold & lime… hmmmm now I’m thinking!

Another theme could be musical instruments….I imagine a lot of the looks would be metallic (silver for flute, golden for french horn, maybe bronze for saxaphone) and then black/white for piano or something…anything! Idk just a way to incoorporate the instruments’ looks, AND their sounds (soft, quiet, loud, brassy, etc.)

6. Tariatulle says:

How about a “through the ages” theme?
    eg, a toned down 1920s look for wednesday then an amped up 1920s look for friday.
    you could even go really far back and have an egyptian look, a roman look, a celtic look, a greek look etc!

• J0ANNAX3 says:

i really like the football idea :) but i’m more of an NFL girl as opposed to college football. so NFL series? i’d love to see a Dallas Cowboys look! doesn’t matter, could be for WW or FF! i’d love the represent my team in a wearable way on a daily basis but also would like an amped up version for when i go to watch games/parties!

7. Crissy says:

I would looove to see an Egyptian one for either FF or WW! And I would also love to see a Western inspired one since I live in Tennessee. XD

8. Donna says:

cocktails are lame and overdone.. I agree the greek series for FF would be amazing.. another fun one would be Pokemon for FF as they’re all different colors and since there are oh, I don’t know, maybe five hundred or so of them?? all different color combos, you can pretty much pick a Pokemon based on what you wanna work with :)

9. Christine says:

There are SO many Greek series out there, it’s really overdone, not to mention you’ve already done that theme for WW and to do it for FF would be quite repetitive.

That said, I think move or literary genres would be fun – Science Fiction, Romance, Horror, Comedy, Action, Thriller, etc.

10. Whitney says:

A food theme and then your look for this Friday could be the first since it looks watermelony. But there are lots of pretty looking foods that could be a cool eye look like: Cakes/ desserts, Sushi, Pasta, waffles, etc.

• Brooke says:

i think this is an aweeesome idea..a food theme would be really fun! sushi especially, cuz it’s all so pretty and colorful and there’s a ton of different combinations..a food/cocktail theme would be really cool. i know some ppl are saying cocktails are overdone, but leesha’s so creative she could totally come up with lots of original looks for it..that’s how it’s been for other themes..lots of ppl do makeup looks but there’s only one xsparkage =)

11. Kori says:

For FF looks inspired by Jem and The Holograms and The Misfits and maybe The Stingers as well? But especially The Misfits ;) The bad girls always have the best style lol.

12. J0ANNAX3 says:

many ppl are suggesting Greek Gods/Goddesses. While I agree that particular theme is a bit overdone, you can still stick with the Greek theme but doing looks inspired by the mythical creatures! Like Medusa, Hydra, Cerberus, Pegasus, etc.

13. Kristen says:

I don’t know if you’ve read the hunger games, but you could to wearable wednesday for some of the district people and fierce friday for the capitol people. or you could even do it in reverse to make it more unexpected.

district people: katniss (duh), peeta, gale, haymitch, rue

capitol people: cinna!!, portia, effie, caesar flickerman, president snow

please do this!!!! i loved the hunger games trilogy and with the movie coming out and all it would be awesome. =]

14. Elysia says:

Please, no greek. While it could be fun, it is overdone. If u can be creative with greek, than you could be creative with anything-so why not? I think the idea of the instruments was kinda cool. And make-up for diff eyes shapes would be great. The muppets one would be really fun for FF!

15. Natalie says:

How about holidays? You could do Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, 4th of July, etc etc. This would give everyone a fun makeup look for whatever parties are going on that holiday!

16. NPugh says:

Doing The Muppets would be so fun! Theme a look after all of the popular Muppets characters. This would also be kinda cool since the new Muppets movie is coming out soon.

17. Bella says:

I loooove like a different color every week but a theme to base it off of
    for example:
    blue- rain
    red- love
    yellow- fire
    pink- anything!!!!!!

18. Chloe says:

So the greek gods/goddesses would be a good idea but one problem…. she already did that, So maybe for FF doing looks inspired by movies old and new and then for WW doing make up for different eye shapes or even one based off of Stereotypes (expamples : Emo, preppy, sporty, girly, edgy, etc)

19. Courtney says:

How about for Fierce Friday having animals as the theme, you could use it as inspiration instead of having to have an animal print, like what you did with the peacock look inspired by your laptop decal. So an example would be pink flamingo or blue bird. You could also use things like butterflies and bumble bee’s which aren’t technically animals but close enough :)

20. Liz says:

Hi Leesha,

I remember from a long time ago when you did a poll about what series you should do.
    There was one I loved and did not get picked

Editorial

I would love to see you do that for FF.

Hope you are well, and good luck choosing!

21. herpaderp says:

i think an animal idea for fierce friday would be great! and they don’t have to be just domestic– they can be all. example, i think a peacock look would be amazing, and if you could figure out how to do little zebra stripes on your eyelid with liquid eyeliner, you could do a zebra look.

as far as wearable wednesday, i feel like i’m being super typical when i say this, but maybe celebrities. i know you’ve done some celebrity looks in the past, but i think this would be a good idea. and if that doesn’t work, maybe like a landscape or seasons them– example, you get a picture of a forest, make a look inspired from it. i dunno, it’s a thought. :P

22. Andrea says:

I love the years idea! Like 1920s wearable wensday, then fierce friday… the next week.. a different decade.
    I also like the album cover inspired idea! A different album cover every time..
    A rockstars theme would be cool too! You could do a David Bowie look… Blondie.. SIOUXSIE SIOUX! Please do a siouxsie look! :) Google it, it’s beautiful makeout.
    And yeah! I’ll let you know if I think of more :p

23. Jackie says:

YES!!! Best news!!

I would love to see a Sailor Moon theme!! If you’re not familiar with it, Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts are based off of the solar system, hence Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, etc. You could simply just have a Solar System theme, too =]

24. Em says:

I think monochromatic for both wearable wednesday and fierce friday would be cool. You could do the same color in one week, just have it toned down on Wed, and amp it up on Fri. I love wearable wednesday, so glad it’s coming back!

25. Jessica M says:

I like the idea of the makeup for different eras and the countries.

What about Sanrio characters? Each has a rather distinct/limited color scheme (with the possible exception of Hello Kitty) and set of “personality traits” that can be played up/incorporated into the look (so a shy, sweet character could be a wearable Wednesday, while a bolder, more colorful character could be a Fierce Friday).

Birthstones? That would tend to focus on certain colors and textures that may be interesting when applied to makeup.

You could also look at famous artwork for inspiration. A Van Gough (especially ‘starry night’) or Mondrian would make interesting make up looks! A lot of them would be more along the “fierce” idea but plenty could be toned down depending on the color scheme or “harshness” of the piece.

Can’t wait, I loved the theme looks :D

26. Allie says:

I think you should do disney movie characters! theyre so cute and colorful plus theres like a billion to choose from for both WW and FF

27. yoshimi says:

I’d be excited to see you do Countries for Wearable Wednesdays and Gemstones for FF! I’m definately looking forward to this FF tutorial, my vote is calling it “Watermelon Tourmaline”. The pink and turquoise crease-cut cateye is WOW.

28. Sara says:

Themes based on characters from the new My Little Pony cartoon would be adorable for FF. You could really have some fun with the color combos and sparkles with the holidays coming up.:)

29. Kandas says:

yoshimi said birthstones but I think gems in general would be cool. and there are lots of different kinds… not sure how to explain, but like, take Opals for example. Fire opals, peruvian blue…Opal ranges from clear through white, gray, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, magenta, rose, pink, slate, olive, brown, and black so there is a ton to choose from. Maybe too much though.

30. Carina says:

You should try doing makeup for the series inspired by the original 150 Pokemon :D There’s so many colors and not to mention the Pokemon’s designs could give you inspiration :D Please consider it or at least do a couple videos based off it :3

31. Jennifer says:

You should totally do a pokemon theme. Like, every week, you could come out with a look inspired by one the pokemon you like the most. That would be awesome !