The Hunger Games Series- District 12

YAY A NEW SERIES!!!

About time, right?? :D This series will be based off of The Hunger Games! I’m SOOOO excited for the movie to come out, I finished reading the series before they picked the cast for the movie.. it was the first series that I had read before any movies had been made/casted, so that was fun to be able to see who they chose, and see set photos and the trailers as they were released :)

For the first look from this series, I decided to start with District 12, and do a look based off of that and Katniss. District 12 is the mining district, so I did a smokey shimmery look with fire elements for “the girl on fire”. I also have a brown wig with a braid, and a red asymmetric shirt to sort of look how Katniss does when she’s being interviewed in the trailers. Hope you like!!

THGdis12

thg12

THGdis12THGdis12

THGdis12

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero
Inglot Rainbow Eyeshadows (Swatches/photos here)

• 117R

Guerlain Blush in Parure de Nuit
Benefit Hoola Blush

Lips
Urban Decay Lip Love in  Taunt

1. mouse

February 11, 2012 at 4:39 am

ohh my god this is amazing. can’t wait to see what you do for the capitol!

2. Emi at Project Swatch

February 11, 2012 at 4:54 am

I haven’t read the hunger games, but I LOVE this look. the dark with the gold is a-mazing.

3. Sarah B

February 11, 2012 at 4:56 am

The make up is soo pretty but omg Leesha, brown hair suits you so well! Your eyes just pop <3

• Corina's Makeup Playground

February 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

I totally agree: brown hair looks great on you! And the make-up is really nice too, perfect for a night out.

4. Jena

February 11, 2012 at 4:57 am

this hair/makeup makes your eyes look GINORMOUS!!! very very pretty =]

5. Hannah

February 11, 2012 at 4:57 am

When are you making a video for this? I’d love to find out what the Inglot colours look like, since I have no idea by name, so I can attempt to do this with what I have in my makeup collection.

• leesha

February 11, 2012 at 5:01 am

whoops! i forgot to embed it. its already live :)

6. Elle

February 11, 2012 at 6:49 am

I saw the picture before I read the title and I thought this was another Guest Look. The wig looks amazing on you!

7. Kitty

February 11, 2012 at 8:34 am

Like your normal hair better. ;) But really beautiful make-up.

8. Catherine

February 11, 2012 at 8:37 am

This look is gorgeous! And brown hair really does suit you, it makes your eyes look insanely bright :D

9. Kristen

February 11, 2012 at 9:46 am

Omgosh leesha your eyes look huuuuuge in this look, amazing!

10. Christine

February 11, 2012 at 3:11 pm

This is gorgeous! I cant wait to see more looks :))))

11. Leah

February 11, 2012 at 5:52 pm

That hair color really does look good on you! And i love love love this look, especially how your eyelashes look! A M A Z I N G(:

12. Carolyn

February 11, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I really, really like this look! This is an awesome example of how easy a soft smoky eye is to create. I feel that so many people get so wigged out about how to do it. And it’s so pretty on you too.

13. Nana

February 11, 2012 at 8:41 pm

this look is amazing!! I love the lashes :DD

14. Edith

February 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm

My favorite books+My favorite person= HAPPINESS:*:*:*

15. Sarah

February 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm

The hair does look very cool but I must say, the short/blonde you have is SO badass. This look is awesome, I NEEEED El Dorado hahaha.

16. Rikki

February 12, 2012 at 12:58 am

OMG you look so pretty as a brunette :)
    I love the look!! El Dorado is amazing

17. samantha

February 12, 2012 at 2:17 am

love love love

18. Honi

February 12, 2012 at 10:48 am

That is so gorgeous!

19. twopinkcheeks

February 12, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Really stunning with that lil hint of gold liner at the lower lash line. Yet another wonderful look !!! Absolutely loving it….!!

20. Seana

February 12, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Woahhh I LOVEEE love love your blonde hair, but brown also looks so amazing on you! You’re so lucky to be able to pull off any color! :) You looked great back with your bright red too!

21. Seana

February 12, 2012 at 11:40 pm

22. Courtney Mellark

February 12, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Where did you get that wig?!?!?!?! I need a brown wig for my Katniss costume for the premeire, and I cant find one. I think the hair does suit you. ITS PRETTY!! On another note, I am super happy you are doing a HG series. I am a little obsessed, and I have been for a while, so having my favorite guru do a series on my favorite thing is amazing.

23. Emily

February 13, 2012 at 1:19 am

To pronounce:

“Parure de Nuit”- PUH-RUR de (very soft E on “de”) NOO-WE

hope that helps…and I too am UBER EXCITED ABOUT THE HUNGER GAMES! Thank you so much and am looking forward to the other tutorials.

24. Saira

February 13, 2012 at 5:02 am

Lady..u look gorgeooouusss with long dark hair! Its makes u look a LOT younger and brings out ur eyes ..also compliments ur skin tone making it look very alive..the blonde washes u out nd makes u look tired..u look heart breakingly beautiful here! By no means am i trying to offend u..nd i no u dont need my opinion either..but i just cant help telling u how beautiful u look! Stunning!

25. Ashley

February 13, 2012 at 9:49 am

I am STOOPID excited to see what you do with this series!!

26. kia

February 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

i love it leesha! you are making me excited again for the movie. i fell out of love when the characters etc were chosen and they didn’t embody what i was envisioning! looking forward to more!

27. Natalja

February 14, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Hi Leesha!
    Just watched your video The Hunger Games Series- District 12, and love it! That’s amazing how much ideas you get for the make-up just almost from everything :)
    I love black eye shadows, but they’re so messy, so I was wondering if you could do a video to show the best way to clean up the under eyes, as when I clean it up with some wipes and then put concealer again it doesn’t cover as well as in the first place and looks like I put too much of foundation.
    Thank you.

• Liz

February 15, 2012 at 6:55 am

I always do my eyes first and any face makeup last. I never have any problems cleaning up fallout that way and I don’t have to be careful to avoid fallout.

There are a few tricks as well. Such as putting a thick layer of face powder under your eyes, then brushing it off after you’re done with your eyes. Or holding a tissue under your eyes. But like I said, it’s so much easier to just do your eyes first and foundation last.

28. Alex

February 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

I know you’re into the El Dorado liquid liner but I’ve been using the 24/7 pencil and setting it with Goldilux from Sugarpill which I find is a much more brilliant gold. Did you consider that as liner for this look? And possibly adding some blue under-eye since most flames do contain that colour?
    I think the look is incredibly pretty, just thinking out loud-that’s how I do my gold liner and I just felt like the look needed some blue. I love it though, great makeup tute series.
    BTW if you want a good dystopian novel rec, you NEED to read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. 1st of a trilogy. Fantastic, completely.
    And I have a feeling that the new individual rainbow falsies from Sugarpill are going to be used in the Capitol look. I know I’d use em. Any excuse, I’m in love/lust.

29. Cassy

February 18, 2012 at 2:29 am

This is beautiful! I’m so excited to see what look you’re going to do for the Capitol.

30. Jyoan

February 20, 2012 at 8:19 am

What is the fluffy brush that you’re using? I see another green end angled crease brush in your other tutorial. Are they from the same brand? =)

31. Misty

February 26, 2012 at 1:33 am

This is one of my favorite looks that you’ve ever done. And I think I’ve seen all of them… Does anyone else not like the girl who’s playing Katniss? Maybe seeing the movie will change my opinion but as of now… Eh.

32. Annie

March 4, 2012 at 4:38 pm

In the picture with her eye closed it looks wet…in a good way!

33. Tora

March 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm

so going to wear this tonight on the premiere! :) Love it!

34. Jupitercrash

May 2, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Leesha I have to say I’ve been watching your tutorials for a couple of years now, in each one of them you are beautyful but something about this look made you look absolutely gorgeouse! (I know that my comment is supposed to be about the make up itself and not about the way you look but I couldn’t help it)  Maybe it’s the dark hair that changed you so much, it really flatters you , makes you look so different! And of course the make up is beautyful and creative as usual.

Y