Possibly the Best Ad for Foundation EVER- Dermablend and Rick Genest

I know, I’m super late on posting this, but I’m sure some of you hadn’t seen it yet, and it’s really cool!

Last weekend, I was in LA for the Beauty Social, and was staying an extra day at my friend Suzy’s place. We were scrolling through the depths of Tumblr and saw this video that had come out a week earlier. The ad shows Rick Genest, who you may know as Zombie Boy and have seen him in the Lady Gaga Born this Way video, being completely covered with Dermablend Leg & Body foundation. If you didn’t know who he was, the beginning of this video would probably not shock you (but the end would!) as his skin looks perfect- you can’t tell that he’s COVERED in tattoos from head to toe. This ad had me go out and buy some Dermablend concealer the next day, no joke!

Check out the Behind the Scenes footage after the jump, I like it even more than the actual ad!

1. Sophie

October 29, 2011 at 3:57 pm

It is such an amazing ad! Love it :)

2. Shea

October 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

He’s very, very handsome. and now that I see what he looks like without the tattoos, I can kinda see past them now. That’s neat…

3. androgynes

October 29, 2011 at 4:11 pm

and do people actually think about how many product they used? look at the amount of flacons they showed..

• Leesha

October 29, 2011 at 4:25 pm

i believe i read it was 4 full bottles of the leg & body foundation, along with the leg & body primer and then a setting powder. I still think its impressive, and i mean the average person doesnt need to cover up THAT much haha

4. Krystal S.

October 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I have this weird attraction to him now (without the tattoos)… his haunting stare through the ad makes me watch it over and over and over… Favorite commercial ever.

• rosworms

March 4, 2012 at 4:21 pm

ditto.

5. Leeshy

October 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I was JUST going to ask if you watched the behind the scenes video, and then found out that you linked it! It doesn’t look caked on or anything! It looks like skin! GAHH, amazing!

6. Abby

October 29, 2011 at 4:42 pm

dayum. I need some of that foundation…

7. Naomi

October 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm

This ad blows me away EVERY time as well as the product, I mean, to be able to layer and layer it and still look perfectly natural is amazing, not to mention the colour shade itself is spot on – not too warm and not too yellow.

I do wonder though how this would feel on the skin and for an extended period of time and how it wears against clothes, it’d be disappointing if you found the inside of your t-shirt lined coated with product or it turns ashy over a few hours, especially when it probably took an hour to cover up something in the first place (mind you by then you might be able to tell). Also I noticed they applied it on his under-arms too and I can’t help but think ‘What’ll happen when he starts sweating? Is it comfortable?’ Maybe it’s something to test myself, I looked at prices too and it isn’t even overly expensive – it’s VERY decently priced and the shade range seems decent although the site has made a boo boo as far as shades are concerned (if you go to pick a shade it’ll come up with shade names but its VERY difficult to find what shade is named what).

Ah well. Need me somma’ this.

• Melly

October 30, 2011 at 12:12 pm

A lot of the camouflage concealers/foundations are waterproof, they’re used for people with birth marks etc, who want to feel better about themselves etc

8. Joyce

October 29, 2011 at 5:25 pm

OMG, that is crazy! No better way to promote your product though :D finally no photoshopping :D

9. Jen

October 29, 2011 at 5:57 pm

This is truly awesome! I Just showed it to my boyfriend and he thinks so too!

10. BooBooNinja

October 29, 2011 at 10:32 pm

This is incredible!
    Thanks for sharing this. I’m in awe.

11. Casey

October 30, 2011 at 3:07 am

If this product can cover up that many tattoos it has to be worth buying. Also I would just like to say one thing… HE IS SO HOT!!!!!

12. Lindsey

October 30, 2011 at 9:40 am

What is the name of the song? Cool ad!

13. Tara

October 30, 2011 at 10:37 am

I love this ad so much, I really want the make- up because I have severe acne scaring all over my face, chest and shoulder and I have tried everything to try cover them. Unfortunately, I live In Ireland, Europe and the Dermablend website does not post over here :(. Do you know were I could possibly buy it online that would ship to Europe?

14. Autumn

October 30, 2011 at 2:53 pm

He’s just hot! With or without tattoos. But I love tattoos on guys. His make him unique. :D

15. Kelly

October 30, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Very intriguing indeed, if this product can really cover up all those tattoos it is an amazing product.

16. Kathrine

October 30, 2011 at 5:21 pm

LOVE this ad :D
    Anyone who know what the song is called?
    And…. HE IS HOT :)!

• Sabrina

November 1, 2011 at 6:28 pm

There Is Hope – Zoo Brazil featuring Rasmus Kellerman :)

• Carolyn

November 2, 2011 at 6:47 am

Thanks for this! I was wondering the song too :)

17. Kim

October 30, 2011 at 11:21 pm

The Ad is wonderful. Great concept. And he is very nice :D

18. lissa

November 1, 2011 at 12:57 am

This is an amazing piece of work!!! Maybe I get covering the body but THAT face?! and yep Dermablend is an amazing product, I’ve used it for years

19. MereMakeupManiac

November 1, 2011 at 7:00 am

wah! when is this coming to Singapore – i want! so flawless even after layers of foundation – brilliant! and i agree with all of you here, very decent price for something that does not work good but fantastic!

20. Sabrina

November 1, 2011 at 6:29 pm

The song is There Is Hope – Zoo Brazil featuring Rasmus Kellerman :)

21. Kristen

November 3, 2011 at 12:08 am

It looks so natural! I need some of that stuff now.

22. CJ

November 3, 2011 at 2:42 am

Omg…That is sooo amazing!!!!

23. Rachel

November 3, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Thanks for posting this, Leesha!

24. Lauren:)

November 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm

He is 1000000x more attractive when he doesn’t look like he wants to eat my brains. It’s very strange to see him smile through those skull teeth.. But this is amazing.

25. Emma

November 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Wow! that is truly amazing! thanks for showing us this. he’s actually very handsome without the tattoos, it’s kinda weird to see him smile with all the skull teeth.

26. visitor

November 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Leesha,
    delete this satan boy,
    please.

27. Briana

November 27, 2011 at 2:56 pm

This came up on my youtube ad feed a couple weeks ago. I thought it was the coolest thing ever!!! Even my husband was like “whoa no way!!!” when he wipes the makeup off his face.

28. Judy Smith

March 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

Wow, this is really great. Where can I get in line for this foundation? :)

29. Sleekhair .k

April 4, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I LOVE Revlon Colorstay! I have tried many foundations But Revlon is best foundation.For more information Beauty Products Visit at sleekhair website.