Nails of the Day: Essie Mint Candy Apple

I saw this color in the clearance section at ulta for $4. I LOVEEEE cream polishes, especially blues, so I needed it!

iPhoto

iPhoto

Cream polishes are also my favorite to add decals to, so I added a kitty & crossbones sticker from a fing’rs nail decal set.

iPhoto

I love the color of this polish, but I really don’t understand the name. I mean, mint candy apple sounds disgusting, right?

1. gildedangel

January 30, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I can’t believe you found it on clearance, it was a really popular color and it was sold out everywhere where I live. It looks great against your skintone though, and I agree that the name is really strange!

2. Sarah

January 30, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Ew, mint candy apple? What were they thinking!?! Frosted Granny Smith maybe, but mint and apples should steer clear of each other. LOVE the colour and the decal is rad!

3. Jeffree Star Fan

January 31, 2010 at 12:02 am

I love the color. It’s looks so cute. :}

4. Miss M!

January 31, 2010 at 12:04 am

I saw someone had put white polka dots on that color – it was super cute.

5. erin

January 31, 2010 at 3:58 am

hrmm kinda looks like peppermint patty from mac?

6. steen182

January 31, 2010 at 4:10 am

awesome!

and i’ve had mint chocolate chip candy apples from a chocolate store in vancouver.. they’re actually really good :)

7. Asilymene

January 31, 2010 at 5:34 am

Love the color, can you but fingr’s sticker thingies online somewhere? o:

8. mw

January 31, 2010 at 6:31 am

i luv that …..the colour is so
    pretty !!!!!!!!

9. Annika

January 31, 2010 at 10:02 am

http://thebeautybrains.com/2010/01/29/the-beauty-brains-blog-blast-10/ You’re mentioned on this link!!! Did you know?

10. Laura

January 31, 2010 at 11:40 am

Oooooh I LOVE this colour! I’m going to have to see if I can find it!

11. jennifer

January 31, 2010 at 4:34 pm

i bought this too at Ulta on sale and i love it. OMG actually Mint Candy Apples are sooo good

12. Elissa

February 1, 2010 at 3:07 pm

haha omg. i did the same thing that you did. i was at ulta browsing the clearance section and when i saw this i haddd to have it. it was gorgeous. one of my favorite colors.

i think mine was only 2 though..hmm don’t remember.

but do you think this is a good dupe for for audrey by china glaze? i’ve been debating on whether or not to get it, but then now i have this. is it still worth it to get?

thank you!

13. Ashley

February 2, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I was at Ulta and I was torn between that color and China Glaze’s Refresh-Mint. I went with the CG one and it’s actually about the same color. So for those that couldn’t find the essie color, the CG color is pretty close. Hope that helps ^_^

14. Victoria

February 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I adore Essie Polishes I love the fact that they dry so fast! Even though I love all my China Glaze polishes to pieces I wish they dried a bit faster :/
    I really wish Essie would expand a bit on the color wheel though especially with more vibrant colors.

15. Stephanie

February 4, 2010 at 5:42 pm

it looks like mac’s peppermint patti! can you maybe do a comparison if you have it?

16. Laura

February 5, 2010 at 4:20 am

this nail polish looks very interesting :) i’ve never seen a colour like this!

17. Anna

February 6, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Wow, that is a lovely color :) I have to say that I love your tutorials and stuff on youtube :) And I LOVE your style :) You have kinda the same style as me :) And oh, in your northern light tutorial I saw that you had this adorable skull with headphones earring :) I immediately wanted it ;) I collect earrings :)

Oh well, just wanted to say you are a great inspiration and keep up with the good work :)

//Anna from Finland

18. Mady M

February 10, 2010 at 8:06 pm

ARGGG! I seriously have been looking freaking every where trying to find a good mint color but im having so much trouble finding one.
    did you buy this one online or is something i could but at say… target? hah

19. i see i like i comment

February 13, 2010 at 11:31 am

my likey

20. jessica

February 16, 2010 at 8:04 pm

ahhhh i’ve been OBSESSED with this color ever since i bought it several weeks ago. i get so many comments on my nails when i wear it.

21. MissHatter

February 20, 2010 at 3:42 pm

I would like to know how many coats you put on^^

22. Shannon

February 28, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Waaaaay awesome! Where did you get the cat and crossbones stickers?

23. Maya

March 14, 2010 at 2:02 am

Lovely polish and I like a lot this little touch with a kitty sticker. It works well togheter on the nails:)

24. Tyler

March 14, 2010 at 4:48 pm

that looks like the one nailpolish that came out with MAC that everyone loved

25. Anna-Marie

March 14, 2010 at 11:05 pm

It does sound gross but let’s pretend it doesn’t! I like minty things, and I love candy apples.. But together? Feh! Anyways, LOVE this. :D Cute. I love the kitteh and I love the color. :)

26. Helena (XOXO Parisky)

March 15, 2010 at 4:11 am

Totally cute!

27. Crunchy

April 15, 2010 at 4:47 am

Mint candy apple???? Barbie, much??? People are so dum sometimes. Im glad you did this though, it looks better than it sounds.
    <3 the sticker, too!!! Uber cute!

28. Luna

May 12, 2010 at 2:20 pm

i think mint candy apple sounds good… haha. but only green apples tho.