A little less than a year ago I started asking you guys to email me your favorite looks you’ve done on yourself, whether it be nail looks, makeup looks, whatever, and posting them here for everyone to see. I really liked that interaction, and I think it can be helpful for some of you to get a little exposure, so I think we’ll start that up again :)
In order to be eligible to have your look posted here, you need to send me a few things:
- At least 2 pictures of your look (Preferably a closeup of the focal point, aka eyes or lips, and then a full face shot) that are clear- no blurry pictures please! I won’t post pictures if we can’t clearly see your work! (if you’re sending in a nail look, a picture of the nail bottle is helpful, but you only need to send in a picture of your nails) :)
- A list of the products that you used to achieve this look
- Not necessary, but if you have a youtube video on the look, or a blog link you’d like me to post, send a link along for it.
Another similar thing I’m going to try is Guest Reviews. I know that a lot of you have tried products that I haven’t, and take swatch pictures and give awesome descriptions of the products. I’m going to start accepting reviews from you guys that could potentially be posted on here :) If you have a review you’d like to submit, here is what I’m looking for:
- A detailed summary of your experience with the product: Be descriptive! What did you like, what didn’t you like, what would you change, what made you buy it.. stuff like that :)
- Pictures! Pictures are so important for reviews. If you’re reviewing skincare, show us what the product looks like. If you’re reviewing a makeup product, show us swatches, or maybe even an example of a look you used it with.
- Say where you got the product, and how much it was.
- If you want, you can tell us what you’d rate it, and if you recommend we check it out.
- When emailing me this, please make the subject “Guest Review:” and then the name of the product you’re reviewing.
- If you have a youtube or a blog, link me!
- If you have a video review, that’s great, but please have a written review with pictures to accompany it. This is a blog, so that’s the most important part!
Send guest looks and guest reviews to email@example.com.
I think I’ll start off doing one guest review and one guest look a week, if they come in that often :) Let me know what you guys think!