MAC Sized To Go Review
I am a huge fan of small versions of regular things, but who isn’t? I have mini bottles of diet coke in my fridge, LOVE buying sample packs of basically anything, like cupcakes over cakes.. so when I see mini versions of some of my favorite products, of course I get excited and go on about how cute they are!
MAC is putting out an array of products from their skincare line in mini, travel size (and airplane approved) bottles that hold an ounce of product. They’re teeny, cute, and perfect size for taking on trips!
While, yes, these are super cute, there is one downfall to them (and to me, it’s pretty huge!) The price! You are getting a fraction of the product, so I would think the cost would be equal to that, right? wrong.
Here is a breakdown of how the Price-Per-Ounce is for a fullsized bottle, and the travel size for each product.
- Fix + Full Size $5.58/oz; Travel Size: $10/oz
- Pro Eye Makeup Remover- Full size: $5.29/oz; Travel Size: $10/oz
- Cleanse Off Oil /Tranquil- Full Size: $6/oz; Travel Size: $10/oz
- Cleanse Off Oil- Full Size: $4.80/oz; Travel Size: $10/oz
- Green Gel Cleanser- Full Size: $3.90/oz; Travel Size: $10/oz
- Oil Control Lotion- Full Size: $17.35/oz; Travel Size: $15/oz
- Strobe Cream- Full Size: $17.35/oz; Travel Size: $15/oz
- Studio Moisture Cream- Full Size: $18.82/oz; Travel Size: $15/oz
- Wipes- regular 45-sheet bag: $0.40/sheet; Travel, 30 Demi-wipe bag: $0.50/sheet (and yes, they are the same size)
So as you can see, the only thing that would make sense to get in travel size would be the moisturizers, which are actually cheaper per ounce than the full size versions. I just don’t understand why with some of these, like the Pro Eye Makeup Remover and the Cleanse Off Oil, the price would just about be double what it is otherwise. It makes more sense to just buy a full size version and then get those cheap travel bottles at the drugstore and pour some in there.
One other thing, Where is the travel size brush cleaner, MAC?? I could really use that!!
These will be available June 9th permanently from MAC Cosmetics.