Leesha Loves: Illamasqua Bedaub Cream Pigment

Illamasqua came out with their cream pigments earlier this year with their Toxic Nature collection. They immediately caught my attention, as there really isn’t anything on the market quite like them- they are super creamy, provide balanced pigmentation, don’t crease, and are matte. Since Illamasqua is a UK based company I had to wait a few weeks until this collection was available from Sephora.

illamasqua cream pigment

Since these are slightly on the pricey side ($24), I decided to initially just pick up one. I chose to get Bedaub, which is a gorgeous creamy matte mint green. I can’t think of any other color quite like this in my collection, which says something considering I own quite a bit of makeup!

illamasqua cream pigment

As excited as I was to try this out, I really took my time to get around to actually doing it! I didn’t even touch this until last week, when I used it for my Pirates Mermaid Look. I was blown away with how gorgeous the color was on it’s own, how well it blended and the fact that it actually was matte. These are unique in that they really are a cream-to-powder-like finish; I can’t really compare them to products such as MAC Cream Color Base, as that is always creamy and doesn’t really dry, and you absolutely need to use powder on top of it to set it or it will crease.

illamasqua cream pigment

This worked amazing as an eyeshadow base, but I also love love love the color alone. I haven’t tried wearing it alone yet to see the wear-time, but I think I’d probably set it with a little translucent powder just to be safe.

illamasqua cream pigmentTop: Blended into skin.  Bottom: Straight swatch

Have you guys used these/seen them? Thoughts? Honestly I want them in every color imaginable now! :)

1. Vijaya

May 26, 2011 at 10:22 pm

This looks really amazing. I’m adding it to my list! =D

2. Julie

May 26, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I’ve been lemming these so hard!

3. Bente Fie

May 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I haven’t tried any of them yet but I really wan’t emerge! It is such a gorgeus color. I wouldnt mind adding bedaub to collection at all. It’s a very nice color.

4. Marta

May 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I never tried them, actually I don’t have anything from Illamasqua, but I really want to try some of their products and this cream pigment looks amazing love that color!

5. Jessica Allison

May 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I love this color! I have 2 of these- Mould & Dab. I do like them as shadow bases, but you’re right- you do need a dusting if powder to keep them from creasing if worn alone. Still
    great products- very multi-use & unique!

6. Allie

May 26, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I have Bedaub and Delirium and I think they’re fantastic! They’re my favourite product at the moment. Bedaub especially, it seems to make any green eyeshadow brighter and more intense. I definitely want some more of these.

xx

7. Heather

May 26, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I have mould and hollow. if you plan on wearing them solo on your eyelids definitely prime and set with a powder, the crease fairly easily on the lids. I LOVEEEEEEEE hollow as a contour. It’s my go to product for doing everyday contouring, especially as it doubles up as a nice neutral eyeshadow colour. My next purchase might be bedaub as then i can use the green for colour correcting too!

8. xasperadastra

May 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

That’s beautiful…today I just was planning on buy one… Dab, the lilac one…I want to see how it looks on cheeks ^________^

9. Caroline Carnivorous

May 26, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Looks really gorgeous!

10. Seana

May 27, 2011 at 12:02 am

Gorgeous! Do you think these could be used as a liner??

11. Ruth

May 27, 2011 at 8:55 am

I have this one and Mould and overall I prefer this one, it’s more versatile in my opinion. Mould always seems to be slightly patchy for me, probably because it’s such a dark purple. I like to use this under light blues and greens, really helps them stay true to colour on my eyes.

12. Jenny

May 27, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I have Mould, Hollow and Emerge(EU only).
    That are fantastic! Emerge is the orange one, I didn’t think it’d work but it is amazing for under eye circles.

• xasperadastra

May 27, 2011 at 3:33 pm

really?? sounds great^^

• Jenny

May 31, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Yeah, works well as a base for other colours on the lid too.

13. Rachel

May 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Looks so pretty! I was just thinking to myself today that I really need to get a mint polish. Love that color. How would you compare this to their Liquid Metals? I heard they looked incredible but was hard to work with and creased liked there was no tomorrow. What are your thoughts? xx

• Jenny

May 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm

They’re muuuuch less slippery than the liquid metals. they don’t crease either, especially when used as an eye shadow base

14. Nicole

May 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm

i love the color!

15. Michelle Tiu

May 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Ohmygosh! The color is amazing. And the fact that it’s a cream pigment is kind of amusing. I’ve never heard of anything like that at all.

16. Izabella

May 27, 2011 at 5:55 pm

gosh i want it!

17. Brenda

May 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Gorgeous!! I love the promo for the new collection – and I am SO FRUSTRATED! They won’t allow Illamasqua to be sold, shipped, whatever into CANADA!!! AARRRGGHHHH!!!

18. delmarie

May 29, 2011 at 10:27 pm

it looks amazing! i actually was wondering about tinted cream bases. i saw you used some in a previous tutorial. which ones were those?

19. Thea

May 31, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Just bought this one and Mold myself. Can’t wait to try them out:D