Leesha’s Top Picks of 2010

I think that 2010 was the first year of me doing tutorials that I can remember quite a few products that I use constantly, in almost every tutorial (and I get called out for it!) This video is a list of all of my favorite products from 2010, Everything from face wash to hair products!

Products mentioned:

• Proactive Skincare
  • Eve Pearl Priming Moisturizer
  • Dinair Airbrush Machine
  • OCC Airbrush Foundation
  • Cover FX (M10)
  • MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre
  • Benefit High Beam
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • INGLOT Eyeshadows
  • Sugarpill Eyeshadows
  • NYX Milk Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil
  • Stila Stingray Smudgestick
  • Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
  • MAC Lip Conditioner (in a tube!)
  • OCC Lip Tars
  • Crown Brushes
  • UNITE Hair Products
  • Coach Poppy Perfume
  • Nubar Nail Polish

1. Christina

January 3, 2011 at 7:09 am

new website looks great Leesh :)

2. Hallie

January 3, 2011 at 7:18 am

I have the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk, but I haven’t been able to sharpen it! So, do you use a regular everyday sharpener, or does NYX have one for their jumbo pencils?

• Sarah

January 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I went to an art store and bought a dual sharpener (one end is for regular pencils and the other for large). My NYX Jumbo Pencils fit great and it sharpens them without waste. I also have a NYC pink glitter sharpener that works :)

• Leesha

January 4, 2011 at 3:11 am

I always use the NYX dual sharpener (has a big and small sharpener) and have never had any problems

• Hallie

January 5, 2011 at 6:02 am

Cool! Thanx! I actually went to the store where I bought the pencil (Amuse), and got the sharpener that they use for their samples. Much better than the one I had already!

3. Tamsin

January 3, 2011 at 11:23 am

I’m loving the new website :D Thanks for doing this list, it’s been really helpful. I’m getting a Dinair kit for my birthday in 8 days :D Dead excited x

• nara

February 9, 2012 at 6:26 am

I know of a siamlur product that I have used that does one of the functions this software does (monitor active keywords that others are using). But the service I have used has a high recuring fee (I got it free with my membership to My Silent Team).If you want to do Adwords/PPC, it just makes sense to go in with as much data as possible. It is all too easy to spend a whole lot of money really quick and not make a thing back. Getting clicks is great, but you need to get conversions to be profitable. This tool will enable a marketer to watch a specific keyword. If you see another marketer running the same Keyword for an extended period, you can be fairly sure that they are running a successful campain and if you do the exact same thing with that keyword, you should also end up with a profitable campain.Thanks so much for making us aware of this great tool!Cheers!Jeromy (AKA Hillbilly)

4. Lauren

January 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Love the new look website!

5. Dayday

January 3, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Can’t believe you lost your Ripe Peach! Argh! I would be so depressed to!

6. nnena

January 3, 2011 at 1:58 pm

could you please, please make a list of the products?

I couldn’t really catch most of the brands since you went through the products so fast~

7. Caitlin

January 3, 2011 at 3:31 pm

So glad ur site is working!! I’ll for sure have to save up for the dinair kit when I get back from japan In august. Have a great new year.

8. Susie

January 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Because of you my sister and I went to an Inglot store an hour and half away from where we live and I have to say it was the best decision ever! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Inglot eyeshadows, great quality and great price… Thank you so much for introducing us to them! :)

9. Erin

January 4, 2011 at 2:51 am

What to you recommend for eyebrow pencils? My natural hair color is a very dark brown so my eyebrows are almost black in color but I dye my hair like a cherry red (it fades into an auburn in like two months.) I’ve thinned my brows out a lot just so the color difference isn’t as noticeable but I’d like a quick easy way (like a pencil) to lighten them some so they match better. Any suggestion?

• auds

January 7, 2011 at 8:44 pm

my eyebrows are really dark and i also changed my hair to red. I asked someone at ulta about it and i got Anastasia’s brow powder duo in stawburn put on. i got it immediately! it does not smudge or melt off like pencils, it defines without making my brows look darker, and the red hue on the brows doesnt make my haircolor look fake

• Erin

January 15, 2011 at 4:23 am

Thanks so much! I’ll check that out.

10. Laura

January 4, 2011 at 4:54 am

I love that Royal Blue glittery Nubar color! What’s the name of it?

11. Kehul

January 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Yeah Sugarpill =D Love this brand !

12. Dez

January 4, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I have Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and while it totally lives up to it’s name, I have noticed that when I first open the cap something like a clear grease seeps out. I have to roll the tube between my hand several times for the ‘ingredients’ to mix together or else I get a mess. Any thoughts on why this happens? Has it happened to you?

• erin lynn

January 4, 2011 at 10:44 pm

it’s like salad dressing or ketchup. it’s a suspension mixture, so it needs to be shaken prior to use or the liquid will come out (much like how liquid comes out when you dont shake ketchup). it’s very normal, just shake! :)

13. Ashley

January 5, 2011 at 1:56 am

I really wish Inglot was more available to us than in Vegas, NY, or Southern California. I’d really like to try it lol.

14. Tiffany Crump

January 7, 2011 at 4:24 am

I’m a newbe to your wonderful blob and have the bare essentials of makeup products and was wondering if you would do a video on the basic brushes needed. I have none and would like to get some, but don’t know what I need or really how to use them.

• Maddie

January 17, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Elf (eyeslipsface.com) has TONS of great brushes, and they are only $1-$5
      they are great for beginners and professionals, their Studio line is the best of their brushes

15. AmandaB

January 8, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Hey Leesha! I was wondering why the Kat Von D liquid liner didn’t make it in your favorites video. You seemed to like it a lot.

16. Heather

January 9, 2011 at 3:25 am

17. Mindy

January 14, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I love your new website layout!! I have a few tutorial suggestions for you too! I think you should to a rainbow look with your inglot colors and I also think you should do a tropical themed look!

18. Rachel Marie

January 16, 2011 at 10:04 pm

So, I can’t spend a lot on products just because I have zero income, and whatever money I do get, instantly gets spent on products. My all time favorite chap-stick (I’m like you, and don’t like wearing lipsticks and stuff), has got to be this amazing stuff that I cam across. I originally bought it just because it looked cute, but I definitely recommend it to everyone. It’s called Eos Organic Lip Balm, and I use the Summer Fruit flavor, however I’m really wanting to try their lemon.
    As for other stuff, I’m still in love with Hot Topic’s Eyeliners just because they’re not expensive, they’re super creamy so they go on easily, and as long as I set them with a matte powder, they stay on a long time. I’m sure they’d stay on if I didn’t set them, it’s just because they’re so creamy, the smudge easily without setting.
    Some other products that I’ve been using for a long time are the Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer, CoverGirl Face Powder, and Maybeline Falsies mascara. They’re super great for the price.
    Two last things that I’m super in love with this past year are for my hair. The BedHead Split End Mender. Oh my goodness. My hair is really fragile and finicky, so it’s hard for me to keep it healthy, especially after dying it. This stuff has done wonders for my hair. It’s so healthy now, and even after bleaching and dying! The other thing is a volume cream- Regis Designline Thickening Cream. A lot of times, I’ll shower at night and fix my hair in the morning, which results in really flat or blah hair. All I have to do with this stuff, its pump a bit into my hands and run it through, then blowdry. A lot of other volume sprays, mouses, or whatever, make my hair stiff or have an odd texture. This stuff, is so fantastic. It leaves my hair really silky and really light and fluffy. I definitely recomend it to anyone who has trouble getting their hair to stay voluminous!

19. Mel

February 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Barry M! I think it might only be available in the UK but I love there loose powder eyeshadows. I do think they might have altered the pigment over the past 2 years. I have an old Denim eyeshadow and it’s deadly, the smallest drop will turn your whole face blue and you have to wake up the next day with blue eyelids. But their newer eyeshadows aren’t so bad for staining and removing but they are that little bit less intense, but too much of good thing is sometimes bad.

20. Valerie39