The Beauty Community is just that- a Community. We all look to each other for inspiration for looks for different eye shapes, colors, etc. We all also try out different products and have different experiences with them. Here’s your chance to show off your skills and let your voice be heard!
In order to be eligible to have your Guest Look posted here, you need to send me a few things:
- At least 2 pictures of your look (Preferably a closeup of the focal point, aka eyes or lips, and then a full face shot) that are clear- no blurry pictures please! I won’t post pictures if we can’t clearly see your work! (if you’re sending in a nail look, a picture of the nail bottle is helpful, but you only need to send in a picture of your nails) :) Make sure your photos are a decent size- 400-600 pixels is preferred (or just the original file, as the blog will resize it), as we want to be able to SEE what you’ve done.
- A list of the products that you used to achieve this look
- Not necessary, but if you have a youtube video on the look, or a blog link you’d like me to post, send a link along for it
(If you don’t make youtube videos or have a blog, that is totally fine. As long as you have pictures and a list of products you used, you can still send in your looks!
- When submitting, write the email as if it was already a blog post– you can include an intro of who you are, what inspired your look, etc :) This makes it a little more personable when I post it, instead of just pictures and products!
- PLEASE have everything IN the email, don’t just link me to a blog post you’ve already made on your website or a link to the Youtube. I’m more than happy to post a link to your blog or a youtube video, but please have all photos, products used and anything else attached IN the email so I can see the look or review without having to go find it!
Another similar thing I’m going to try is Guest Reviews.
I know that a lot of you have tried products that I haven’t, and take swatch pictures and give awesome descriptions of the products. I’m going to start accepting reviews from you guys that could potentially be posted on here :) If you have a review you’d like to submit, here is what I’m looking for:
- A detailed summary of your experience with the product: Be descriptive! What did you like, what didn’t you like, what would you change, what made you buy it.. stuff like that :)
- Pictures! Pictures are so important for reviews. If you’re reviewing skincare, show us what the product looks like. If you’re reviewing a makeup product, show us swatches, or maybe even an example of a look you used it with.
- Say where you got the product, and how much it was.
- If you want, you can tell us what you’d rate it, and if you recommend we check it out.
- When emailing me this, please make the subject “Guest Review:” and then the name of the product you’re reviewing.
- If you have a youtube or a blog, link me! (again, you do not NEED a youtube/blog to submit a review/look!!)
- If you have a video review, that’s great, but please have a written review with pictures to accompany it. This is a blog, so that’s the most important part! (also, video review is in no way necessary!!)
- Make it sound like YOU! Reviews are fun because they are personable. Don’t try too hard to sound professional or anything, we want to know how YOU feel about it!
Need an idea of how a great Guest Look/Review should look?
Check out these amazing submissions:
These all have an introduction, a list of products used, and multiple photos of both full face shots and close ups that are bright and easy to see.
Send guest looks and guest reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will post one Guest Post a week on Sundays. Look out for them!!