Epic OCC Lip Tar Swatch Post

I feel like this entire webpage is a swatchfest lately, lol. But that’s okay, it makes me feel accomplished! Today’s post will consist of swatches of all the Lip Tars I have. I think I’m just missing one (Uber) but the rest should be swatched below. Three things I have to mention to those who have never used these:

• They are meant to be mixed to create new colors (although you don’t HAVE to do that) So when you see one that’s white or bright blue (which I WISH was socially acceptable to wear out, its SO COOL) just know it’s meant to be mixed. I think I’ll do a post within the next week that will show some ideas when mixing :)
  • You only use the TEEEEEEEENIEST amount with these! If you overuse, it looks super icky. For reference, this is about the amount I use for my whole lips: Shades and that’s a lip brush, so a tiny tiny amount goes a LOOONG way!!
  • If you leave these in a container or somewhere for an extended period of time, they will separate. To mix them back together, just filp them the opposite way in which they were being stored (so if you had them laying flat, just flip them over so the other side is on top) and within an hour they should be mixed together. If you’re pressed for time I found the best way to mix them somewhat quickly is to tap them on a hard surface on each side for a few minutes and shake them up :)

Shades-337
ShadesShades

ShadesShades Shades

Shades-177

Shades

(My camera can’t even handle the insanity of Anime, haha) Shades

ShadesShadesShades

Occliptar

Occliptar 1

Occliptar 2

Occliptar 3

Occliptar 4

Occliptar 5

I’m noticing that my camera has picked up most of these just a little bit lighter than they are in real life, so take that into account :)

Each of these is available from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics for $13 each. These are FANTASTIC for makeup artists, you’ll never need another lip product again :)

1. Lori says:

LOVE Demure, Pagent, Grandma (for datenite cuz no boy wants a ton of lipstick/gloss left on his lips) and NSFW!

2. Jenna says:

thanks for posting these, jude rivera’s website is down so I was having problems finding swatches of the newerish liptars.

3. Donette says:

i’ve always wondered are these worth getting, how long do they typically last? and how moisturizing are they? do they fade nicely?

4. ElleryRhymesWithCelery(: says:

I love Anime and Memento! Hehe Anime is so outrageously amazing(: Keep doing what you’re doing, I like all the swatches!

5. Laci says:

LOVE this! I have a question though, like in the swatches on the corners of your lips it appears that the tar pools and it looks kinda like colored slobbery- gross (I hope to god that didn’t offend you, because obviously its the product, lol!) Does it dry so that stops happening, or is it always that way?

6. Anna-Marie says:

Those look really amazing :) LOL, “Hoochie” I love the names! Sometimes I just wanna buy things just to tell them the names of what I’m wearing.

7. Ashley says:

Is Botanical really worth getting? i Wanna Make a purchase but before i do i wanna make sure if that one and Vintage is really worth it? i Already own A Quarter of the Occ Lip tars But i wanted to get The yellow Orange and Blue so im Wondering is Botanical Worth it as well?

8. Madeleine says:

Hey, I was wondering if your able to do a swatch of Cha Cha and Divine with a look? They look pretty, I’m just wondering how wearable they are before I buy them. Thanks.

9. Lexi says:

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to make those swatches. They definitely helped me decide what colors to buy. I just bought some! Thank you for your help.

• Sikandra7 says:

I know you said just two but I wanted to tell you that with Hush, Memento, and Grandma I can create all manner of different pinks, so if you can get three, do. If not, Grandma and Hush will get you a shade of pink you’ll like…just play around with your mix until you’ve got what you like. I’m certain there are many more colors to help with getting a good pink but I only own the six colors Sephora just started selling so when I want pink I use the colors I mentioned. Right now I’m looking at the swatches to figure out how to get a universal shade, a nude type color. Sephora doesn’t yet have colors to do this so I’ll have to go on-line for my next purchase of Lip Tar.

• Jubilee says:

It was $300 when this post was originally made. Since they added Cha Cha, Divine and the Fall Collection the price for all has gone up to $400.