Collection as of January 2010

Oooh I hope I don’t live to regret making this post!

So, BY FAR my number one requested video to do is a collection video. If you’ve watched me for awhile, you know that in the past I haven’t exactly been the biggest fan of collection or haul videos, and the last time I did a collection video (June 2007, eesh! It’s grown.. a bit. hah) I got a TON of remarks on having too much, spending too much money, etc, etc.. and, quite honestly, that video has a small, itty bitty fraction of the amount of stuff I have acquired since!

Anyways, because it is my most requested video, and because I love you guys, I’m giving in. *deep breath* I’m not going to lay everything out and show every color because we would literally be here for years, but I will show you my set up, how I store everything and all the drawers of stuff (mind you, it’s not that neat)

Please don’t ask me “how much did all of that cost?” or any of that. I don’t know, and honestly, I didn’t buy all of it. A lot of the things you see were sent as samples or were bought at discounted prices (like the MAC).

Also, since this is my collection, I am showing you it just as it is. I didn’t bother to clean anything up in the drawers or what have you, you get to see it just as it looks when I open the drawer :) It’s an organized mess! haha.

Okay, enough disclaimer nonsense, on to the pics!

iPhoto
Here is my desk. This is where I film all my tutorials. The desk is from Ikea, Mirror is a light up one from Conair. Florescent Light is from Lowes I think, and the light I use is meant for kitchen and day (pretty sure!) Nail racks can be purchased from any nail site (my favorite is head2toebeauty. this is the 90 count rack.)

Close up of full desk.

iPhoto
Pigment Rack/ extra polishes.

iPhoto
Left side. MAC Palettes, Everyday powders, OCC airbrush minis, hand sanitizer, and a few Coastal Scents Palettes.

iPhoto
Right Side. Baby Wipes, Tripod for filming, brushes.

iPhoto
Closeup of brushes. This is a roundabout thing from Pampared Chef, it’s meant for kitchen tools but I LOVE it for my brushes!!

iPhoto
First Drawer Left side. I use silverware separates to hold my stuff. This is Kryolan, FaceFront, random MAC and other random things.

iPhoto
2nd drawer left side. MAC CCBs, Ben Nye, Fluidlines, Naked Pigments, more Kryolan, and other random stuff.

iPhoto
3rd drawer left side. MAC powders and skinfinishes, MUFE flash palette, random moisturizers and powders

iPhoto
4th drawer left side. Lip stuff, a whole mess of lip stuff that is totally unorganized (this is why I never know what to do for lip color, haha)

iPhoto
1st drawer right side. Eyeliners, Lipliners, Mascaras and Primers.

iPhoto
2nd drawer right side. Liquid liners and glitterliners, random NYX lipsticks.

iPhoto
3rd drawer right side. Loose powders, some primers, and a random eye makeup remover that shouldn’t be there.

iPhoto
4th drawer right side. Foundations and concealers.

iPhoto
5th drawer right side. random NYX double sided liners, some stuff I haven’t reviewed, and some full size OCC airbrush colors.

iPhoto
and finally, 6th drawer right side. Water Based palettes, ben nye, etc.

Ohmigosh, and were done! Well.. almost. I guess I could show you in the bookshelf behind me in my videos..

iPhoto
This has 6 spaces, but the bottom two were covered up :) Perfumes, Extra makeup, makeup I have no use having out all the time(different colored foundations, etc), candles, cases, blah blah blah

And (because I know it will be asked) a picture of my nail polishes:

Click for full size :)

Woo! All done :) Hope you enjoyed that! Now no more for another 2 1/2 years ;) haha just kidding!
I will have the video up for this tomorrow :)

1. Vivi

January 4, 2010 at 4:17 am

Awesome ! I wish i had the same =D !! Well im sure i have as many lip sticks and gloss as you do ! =) Happy New Year Leesha

2. Megan

January 4, 2010 at 4:17 am

Love it!! So glad you did this!!

3. Autumn Candy

January 4, 2010 at 4:19 am

I love your organized mess!!!

4. Alyssa

January 4, 2010 at 4:25 am

Amazing. I’ve been following you for a couple years now and always hoped you would show this. Not necessarily so I can see all your stuff but I like how you organize it. Your organizational video a while back gave me a lot of good tips. I just need to put them to good use! My makeup winds up all over the top of my desk that I use and it’s a mess and I need a better way to organize. I like the way you use the big drawers and the silverware holders. That seems like it would help and I might try it. And I love your polish racks! Where do you get them? Thanks so much again for this. And don’t be nervous. All the haters are just jealous!

• xsparkage

January 4, 2010 at 4:36 am

:) thank you! The polish racks are from head2toebeauty.com :)

5. Alicia

January 4, 2010 at 4:29 am

I totally want how you’ve organized ur make up!!!!

6. Brown'Sugah

January 4, 2010 at 4:38 am

I just loved the new organization way, all that colors toghether give a feeling of joy! it kinna strang i know!*Love u so mush XoxO

7. tammaay

January 4, 2010 at 4:44 am

hey! love love all your brushes! aww I wish i lived in the US sometimes! There is so much more available over there!

Thanks for the update Leesha!

8. Nia

January 4, 2010 at 4:53 am

Hey Leesha,
    thanks for showing us your collection.It’s awesome! I can understand why you didn’t want to show it for so long so I’m even more thankful you did (: Don’t listen to haters.
    I love to watch your videos.Your work is amazing.
    I can’t wait to see the collectionvideo.
    Keep up the good work.
    Greeeeeetings from Germany (:
    Nia

9. Anna

January 4, 2010 at 4:55 am

Thanks for the post! I’m glad to know, I’m not the only one with too much makeup :)….wait, can there ever BE too much? lol

10. Heather

January 4, 2010 at 4:57 am

You need more Color Club nail polish! Haha, I’m sort of joking, but sort of not. I’m just obsessed with Color Club..
    Anyway, your collection is awesome, but I must admit, I like looking at how you organize all of it, because you have a lot(not that thats bad :D) and I’m always looking for good ways to organize things :)

11. Rachael

January 4, 2010 at 4:58 am

Nice stash! What bugs me is that people say ‘thats stupid to spend so much money on make up’, you can’t grow out of make-up, it doesn’t go out of style, and you can wear it way more than once without people making comments unlike with clothes,

I honestly feel for you when you have to do the weekly brush deep clean :L
    Happy new year! Have an amazing 2010 :)

12. Carrie Anne

January 4, 2010 at 5:32 am

Very cool. For some reason, I noticed the random chapstick on the shelf.

• xsparkage

January 4, 2010 at 5:51 am

HAHAH interestingly enough, i have been looking for that. its usually on my desk and i was sad that it went MIA. so thank you!! lol

13. Robin Byrd

January 4, 2010 at 6:01 am

I am so jealous. I have beend told that I need to be on Intervention…I got news for those folks. LOL! Any who, great collection.

Don’t worry about the nay sayers. Your collection of make up is no different than people who have Longaberger baskets everywhere or people who collect fairy figurines.

You have taught me so much. Thank you.

14. Annie

January 4, 2010 at 7:07 am

Thanks Leesha, as other people have said, your organization helps me with how I should keep my stuff together! And please don’t worry about stupid mean commentter saying you have too much or whatever, it’s just a hobby, something you like to collect! :]

• Annie

January 4, 2010 at 7:08 am

*commenters, sorry I can’t type LOL

15. glitterminx

January 4, 2010 at 7:15 am

I have a question? .. I got some two faces shadow insurance from my local ulta, it comes out runny, us it supposed to or am I supposed to shake/squeeze the tube to get it mixed? Thanks!

16. yessy

January 4, 2010 at 7:33 am

hey girl happy new year where do u got that thin that u put ur nail polishes i mean that nails rack ??? please send me back thank uuuuu

17. Elissa

January 4, 2010 at 7:53 am

oohh, i love it all. (: i wish i had that much, but i’m sure my mom would kill me. butt, i still go on little make up sprees when i have the cash. hehee. :)

18. Cindy

January 4, 2010 at 8:11 am

I think in her last collection video she said she had bid on the nail rack on ebay? I may be wrong but there are some on ebay :)

19. Cartlebmomb

January 4, 2010 at 8:20 am

Meh. I think your collection is fabulous. I happen to like the “organized chaos” method. It works for me too! :) Thank you for sharing!

20. Suzy

January 4, 2010 at 8:27 am

Woah! I actually feel overwhelmed! That is one heck of a collection, goodness gracious LOL. This is like a makeup druggie’s heaven hahaha.

I love the brush holder, very cool. But I feel bad for you that you have to deep clean allllll those brushes haha.

21. Laura

January 4, 2010 at 8:58 am

YAY! I am SO glad you did this! I don’t know why people get all up in arms about collection vids/posts! It is everyone’s individual right to spend their cash on what they want…as much or as little! Some people buy grand houses, expensive furnishings, or over the top cars…WE BUY MAKEUP! Besides…you are a makeup artist and so are a lot of the rest of us! Some people should just learn to keep their nasty comments to themselves…I LOVED THIS POST!!! Thanks for the organizing ideas too! Gotta get a hold of one of the pampered chef containers! Thats KILLER! :)

22. Naomi

January 4, 2010 at 10:23 am

Haha. You are fantastic! But you have to learn to not pay attention to those people who complain. It shouldn’t matter. If you enjoy making videos, keep on doing them! It doesn’t matter if other people dislike it. :)

23. Sarah

January 4, 2010 at 11:07 am

ooooh, I saw some MUD products in there, I’d love to know what you think of their stuff.
    Love your blog Leesha! ;)

24. Megan

January 4, 2010 at 1:12 pm

ohmygoodness! and my mom thinks I have a lot of makeup…LOL
    Not that I’m judging you….I’m insanely jealous! I want everything in those pics! ^_^
    I agree with some of the other posters as well, this really gives me ideas about how to organize my own stash! Thanks for sharing this with us! It was helpful! ^_^

25. Katie

January 4, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Wow… I would have a field day if I were ever set loose in your room. I am very jealous of your pigment collection. :) I love those things. And I can definitely see why you can never pick something for a lip color… they’re everywhere in that drawer!

26. Sanna

January 4, 2010 at 1:31 pm

WOW! I’m so glad you posted this!
    You rock!

27. Christina

January 4, 2010 at 1:33 pm

holy moly you have soooo much makeup!! i’m kind of jealous, not gonna lie lol. but yeah it’s a pretty cool collection. is it bad that i’m mostly drooling over the polishes? luurrrveee

28. Sara

January 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I have no idea why I found this so interesting. I’m most envious of your brushes, and I think anyone who scoffs at this can go to hell because you’re a makeup artist and have been collecting for years!

29. Joie Francine

January 4, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I love collection and hauls because I like to see what products other people buy, not to mention it makes me feel better about my own addiction lol (which pales in comparison though). This doesn’t mean I go out and try and buy everything other people own. I think that the people that have negative things to say, like calling people a show-off, are just jealous. It is your business what to do with your money and this is a profession for you. Thanks for sharing.

30. Haflingerlady

January 4, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Whoa, thanks for this entry! Don’t regret you did this, it was worth showing us! I love all the pigments ( I fell in love with pigments ) and the nail polish you got going on there!

Thanks a lot for sharing!

31. Taylorr

January 4, 2010 at 4:08 pm

youu have so much makeupp! :D are you going to do a video of this on youtube?

32. sierra

January 4, 2010 at 4:09 pm

wow! that’s awesome. How do you decide what to take when your traveling?

33. Laura

January 4, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Thanks for giving us a peek behind the scenes! If you ever need to get rid of something, be sure to send it my way :)

34. Kendall

January 4, 2010 at 4:42 pm

oooommgahhhh!!! i love ur make-up collection. my is growing slowly. 2 think tht im accussed of having 2 much make-up. u can nver have 2 much make-up. im in love w. ur collection & my sister’s envious of ur nail collection. (im a hair & make-up junkie & she’s a nail junkie) but thx 4 the vid. dont worry bout h8rs they suck. ily!!! -XOXO Kendall-

35. Desiree

January 4, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Cool :]
    Could you do a review on the Coastal Scents UnderCover HD Foundation?
    And maybe tell us some of your favorite MAC Paintpots or Cream Eyeshadows?
    Thanks :]

36. Betsy

January 4, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Thank you so much. I think it’s so fun to see other people’s cosmetic collections, especially professionals and people that are really passionate about makeup.

37. Mandy

January 4, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Hey Leesha! First of all, Happy New Year.

So, I loved your collection. How many years to have so many stuff? I want this for me… so many colors to choose!

You use it just for your self or you use to do works too?

Very, very, very nice… loved the brushes, nail polishes, liner and lip stuff!!!

=DDDDDDD

Visit me some time…! There is some of your videos at my blog!

Kisses

38. Mel

January 4, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Awesome! Soo jealous of all those pigments :) Also, unrelated QUESTION! I’m also super super pale and was wondering if you could list some foundations that actually match your skin tone. Usually everything shows up a little too dark on me, even in the lightest shade. Thanks :D

39. Alexandria

January 4, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Gotta say, you are an enabler. I love how you have inspired me to get more into the artistic ability of makeup. I love when you did the organization video, it helped me a TON! Keep doing what you do, everybody greatly appreciates and enjoys it!

40. Mandana

January 4, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Do you ever weed your collection of old or unused products? If so, how often?

Do you ever worry about products going bad?

41. HOLLIE~JOLLIE

January 4, 2010 at 8:17 pm

WOW GIRLY! THAT’S AN AWESOME COLLECTION. GOOD FOR YOU, IT SHOWS ME WHAT HARD WORK AND DEDICATION CAN GET YOU. I ESPECIALLY LOVE YOUR NAIL POLISH COLLECTION. I WILL TOO GET THERE SOME DAY. THANKS FOR THE VIDEO AND THE MOTIVATION TO GET ME ROLLING ON AN AWESOME COLLECTION TOO. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND HAVE A FANTASTIC NIGHT.

42. Angela

January 4, 2010 at 8:18 pm

This was interesting to see all your stuff. I would say I’m jealous, but to be perfectly honest I hear shit from my boyfriend all the time about how much makeup I have. I need a bigger space like you have and I wish I could organize it in a way that EVERYTHING was visible at the same time. It’s almost like if I don’t see it, I forget I have it, and it never gets used. Like I’ll go through my train case and find something I bought forever ago and never used because I never see it. I taped pictures on the outside of my MAC palettes, but all my vanity drawers just don’t allow for easy viewing. :(

• Mandy

January 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm

“I hear shit from my boyfriend all the time about how much makeup I have.”

So do I! LOL!!!!

43. Gaby

January 4, 2010 at 9:14 pm

OMG, how do you afford all of that. EEHHH! Haha, just kidding! Very impressive. We have the same case (The black one on your bookcase that looks lacey) :D. I must say, now I am very tempted to go out and buy more make up…but I must resist :P.

44. Coco

January 4, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Woo! Thanks for showing :). I think it’s so fun looking at other people’s collections :D funfunfun!

45. zeeto0

January 5, 2010 at 8:04 am

sure i think that it is a LOT of make up and i would never spend my money on all of that (just like half of it)… but i’m really glad you showed us your collection! :) it sure has changed since last time ;P

46. TadPoll

January 5, 2010 at 11:20 am

Whoa! that is quite a collection girl! But that’s wicked as hell, it’s like every girls dreamland lol j/k but yeah that’s hella cool.

47. Christie

January 5, 2010 at 11:43 am

God you’re amazing.
    This is what I hope to have one day.
    I say money well well well spent.
    :):)
    I’m going to montreal next year for makeup school and the kit is 1000$ and I can’t wait to see whats in it :D!

48. laura

January 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm

omg I would DIE if I had all of that!!! Thanks for sharing, Leesha!!

49. Daiana

January 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm

OMG!
    Do you like colours? It doesn´t seem so! hahaha!! Just joking!
    Congrats for all of this Leesha!! I wouln´t be as organized if I had so much stuff!!
    I´m going to start make-up lessons, I love so much what you do that i just couldn`t help myself! :P

Good Luck! Bye!!

50. Amy

January 5, 2010 at 6:27 pm

OMG I wish you were my big sister! =D
    I would totally sneak in your room and be in heaven messing with all your makeup! haha
    =D