Chaotic Blue Makeup Tutorial

This week’s tutorial is based off of a look I posted on here back in December that focused on a vivid matte blue as the main color. Matte blues are generally a difficult eyeshadow to work with simply because they can be hard to get a nice even layer of, and they are generally associated with a dated 80’s look (or Mimi from the Drew Carry Show!), I wanted to show how to use a specific matte blue, Chaos from the Urban Decay Vice Palette, because in my eyes it’s one of the star, unique shadows of the palette, but tends gets neglected because while it looks awesome, it can be hard to figure out how to use it. So, that being said, here is a look that basically uses Chaos to punch you in the face with it’s awesomeness!

UDchaostut 1

UDchaostut 2UDchaostut 4UDchaostut 5UDchaostut 6

Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- Naked 2, Walk of Shame
Urban Decay Vice Palette- Chaos, Unhinged, Anonymous, Laced, Black Market
Naked Cosmetics Ivory Collection (Blue Duochrome)
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion (Liquid and Pencil Liners)
L’Oreal Million Lashes Mascara

Cheeks
Benefit Hoola Blush
Tarte Tipsy Amazonian Clay Blush

Lips
Korres Raspberry Lip Butter Glaze

1. Emi at Project Swatch

January 23, 2013 at 1:37 am

This look is gorgeous on you!

• nicole tucker

January 23, 2013 at 5:46 am

I agree but then again Ihave not found anything that she looks bad in either.

2. Virginia Caviola

January 23, 2013 at 4:08 am

Love this look! Looks fun to try for brown eyed babes too!

3. Laura

January 23, 2013 at 5:48 am

Thanks so much for doing this look! I’ve been following you on youtube for awhile, but I was just looking at my very bright Inglot shadows wondering what to do with them. I feel like I could try this look with a ton of bright colors. Thanks! Also, I’m not the most observant and from the video and the photos I can’t tell what color your eyes are. Are they blue? Grey? Hazel? I have blue eyes and have always been afraid of blue shadow. It looks great on you and now I want the vice palette!

4. Fish X.r Yu

January 23, 2013 at 1:15 pm

This is a great look to match some black outfits1

5. Romina

January 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm

hi Leesha, can you do a review of L’Oreal True Match Foundation? :)

6. flyingpurplehippos

January 23, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Love it!

7. Natasha

January 23, 2013 at 10:32 pm

this is amazing, it reminds me of the “rocker” look (biker jackets etc) and if i pluck up the courage to do my eyeshadow this intense i’ll definitely follow this tutorial! looks lovely on your blue eyes too :)

xx

8. Elizabeth Terry

January 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Did almost this look for a shoot in December. Chaos is so awesome. Great TUT!

9. Courtney Elrod

January 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I liked the other look so much better :( This one seems a lot harsher, where as the other one was blended out.

10. Karen Lee

January 30, 2013 at 4:18 am

Love this look! Reminds me of your older tutorials when I just started following you, 4 years ago! Super impactful+deep impression look! Awesome!

11. The Unprofessional Beauty Blog

February 5, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Wow this look is gorgeous and beautiful. That blue color is just amazing.